I am have recently submitted my PhD in Myth Studies at the School of Divinity, History and Philosophy, University of Aberdeen, Scotland. I am a graduate of the University of Dundee where I completed my MA (Hons) in English in 2007, and my MLitt in Women, Culture and Society in 2008 with a dissertation entitled ‘Eve Again: Reading Lyra as Eve in Philip Pullman’s His Dark Materials’.
I also work at the University of Glasgow as Administrator at the Research Institute for Cardiovascular and Medical Sciences.
My thesis investigates the form and transmission of myth in contemporary fantasy literature, focusing on the fiction of American author Gregory Maguire.
My work covers the following areas:
- Theories of myth and fantasy
- Adaptation and intertextuality
- The fairy tale in literature and on film
- Fantastic literature, film, and TV
- Other worlds in fantasy and science fiction
- Constructions of the self
- Gender and sexuality
- Musicals on stage and on film
- Children’s and young adult literature and film
- The development of the literary vampire